Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games of all time. The game is a classic at land-based casinos and has become a clear favorite at online casinos as well.
There are many ways to play this game; you can play on a real blackjack table. Or you can play blackjack online with a real dealer at a live virtual blackjack table, where the dealer doles out the cards to all players in real-time. Additionally, you can play video blackjack online, against a machine, where each game is engineered by computerized results.
Each carries advantages and disadvantages, based on the likes and dislikes of the player partaking in the game. On this page, we’ll look into some of the differences between these 3 blackjack modalities.
Casinos Where You Can Play Blackjack Online
Here’s the list of our top recommended casinos to play online blackjack from your computer!
All offer a good selection of blackjack games (both video and live dealer blackjack), great welcome bonuses, and are completely safe for USA players.
100% up to $200100% up to €140100% up to £100
- Legit Online Casino
- $200 Casino Welcome Bonus
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard, eWallets, & More
- Dozens of Casino Games to Pick From
- International Casino
- Large Game Selection
- Hundreds of Online Slots
Online Blackjack Or Live Dealer Blackjack: Which One Is Best?
If you are wondering if you should go with online blackjack or live dealer blackjack, the truth is there is no single answer to the question. The answer will mostly depend on the type of experiences you enjoy the most.
Are you more of a social person or would you rather have a more private experience?
Do you like to dictate the pace of the game or would you rather let the dealer handle it?
How much do you value privacy?
In the table below, we explore some of the key differences between playing live blackjack vs. a computer:
|Playing Live Dealer Blackjack||Playing Online Blackjack|
|More of a social experience. You can talk to the dealer or other players using the chat.||You play by yourself against a computer.|
|Live dealers can make mistakes and some players find they may be easier to beat than a computer.||Playing against a computer keeps the odds and the RTP regular.|
|Limited selection of Blackjack games to play.||Broader range of game options. Top online casinos offer 10-20 different electronic blackjack variations.|
|The virtual dealer dictates the pace of the game, making the experience more similar to that of a land-based casino.||You may find the pace dictated by the dealer to be fast or too slow and may prefer to set the pace yourself.|
Top Advantages Of Video Blackjack vs. Live Dealer Blackjack
#1 – RNG Ensures Fairness
The most obvious difference between playing video blackjack against a machine and live table games is the use of a computerized Random Number Generator, otherwise known as the RNG.
In online blackjack, the RNG provides entirely randomized shuffling of the virtual deck, or decks, of cards in use.
Legitimate casinos have their RNGs tested regularly by third-party audit companies to ensure fairness and transparency.
Unlike a human dealer, the RNG can’t be affected to favor certain players and doesn’t have any knowledge of how the previous gaming session played out.
#2 – House Edge Is Lower In Electronic Blackjack
However, you should note that in both blackjack game types, the house edge is determined by the particular rules and payouts of the game being played, as well as the knowledgeable decision-making of the player.
Online blackjack tends to have a lower house edge, and the fact that there are more game variants available allows the player to choose and go with the blackjack variant with the highest RTP.
In general, online casinos offer between one and three variations of live dealer blackjack, giving you more limited options for picking the game with the lowest house edge.
#3 – A Private Vs. A More Social Experience
In online blackjack, the player gets to set the game’s pace – which tends to make it quicker to play as you won’t have to wait for the dealer or another player to make a move. The game is also 100% private (you are playing alone against a computer), and you get to choose your bets, which is a pro for many players.
Another feature some players enjoy is that video blackjack often allows much lower stakes ranges than live tables – as cheap as $1 per play. Live dealer blackjack bets, on the other hand, generally start at a minimum of $5.
Players who feel intimidated by the live scene may also prefer the online video version of the game. Rather than having more experienced players on each side, some players prefer the singularity and leisurely nature of online blackjack.
Players can take as long as they like to make decisions, which affords them a greater opportunity to practice basic blackjack strategy.
These were the top advantages of online blackjack over live dealer blackjack. But there’s one important aspect of live blackjack to consider and why many players might prefer it: the human experience.
Many Players Value The Human Factor In Live Virtual Blackjack
Online blackjack has many advantages, but some players might not like video blackjack because it lacks the human factor. They feel that playing against a machine makes the experience rather cold.
The live dealer blackjack experience, on the other hand, is much more lively and authentic and resembles more closely that of playing at a land-based casino.
Live blackjack is run in real-time by human dealers from a physical studio or land-based casino. You get to chat with both the dealer and other players on the table via the live chat feature.
Live Dealer Blackjack Vs. Real-Life Blackjack Tables
If you have played at real blackjack tables but wonder how different it is from playing against a virtual live dealer, this section is for you.
Below our experts compared the pros and cons of playing live blackjack at an online casino vs. a brick and mortar casino. Find the main differences and give online blackjack a chance!
Playing At Real-Life Blackjack Tables
- It is more personal: You get to interact closely with the dealer and relate with other players at the table on a more personal level.
- Fast payout speed: Your winnings are paid instantly at land-based casinos, and you don’t need to submit any additional ID.
- Thrilling real-life experience: You will be able to experience firsthand the sound, aesthetics, and mood of a casino.
- Not available 24/7: Unlike online blackjack, games at physical casinos are not always available every time.
- High cost of playing: From transporting yourself to the casino to buying chips, playing blackjack at land-based casinos is usually expensive.
- High pressure – the atmosphere at physical blackjack tables is usually tense and increases the pressure of playing.
Playing Live Dealer Blackjack Online
- It is more convenient: Enjoy the feel of a physical casino from the comfort of your home.
- Play at any time and anywhere: You can play at any time of the day, irrespective of your location.
- Wide range of live blackjack tables: Online casinos often feature more live blackjack variations than land-based casinos.
- Special bonuses and promotions: Receive generous sign-up bonuses and other offers when you play live blackjack online
- Great for privacy and anonymity: Live blackjack offers you the chance to remain hidden and stay anonymous
- Blackjack tactics hardly work: It is tough to adopt blackjack tactics like the card counting strategy when playing games online.
- Internet connection or Wifi signal affects speed: a live blackjack overall experience depends on your internet connection’s quality and strength.
- Technical issues may occur: online live dealer blackjack is prone to technical failures, which can affect your game.
Picked A Favorite Yet? Start Playing Online Or Live Blackjack Today!
As you have seen, playing blackjack online has special features that make it stand out from real blackjack tables. And while video blackjack and live dealer blackjack have their own charm, there is no clear-cut answer when picking a favorite between them.
Some people may find the live dealer blackjack experience more fun and exciting, while others may prefer to set their own pace when playing and may value the privacy of playing alone with their computer.
The good news is all of our top-recommended online casinos offer both types of play. Choose one of the legitimate blackjack casinos we recommend and open an account today!
You can try your hand at both online and live dealer blackjack and pick your favorite option.
Wild Casino: Offers a great Live Blackjack HD experience and juicy bonuses.
Play Live Blackjack At Wild Casino$5,000 Welcome Bonus Play now
Las Atlantis: Top USA blackjack casino, the site offers classic and European blackjack, plus other variants.