If you’re looking for the most trusted online casino operators with legit certification, then you’ve come to the right place. This article is dedicated to educating readers as to the best casinos and groups currently in operation, as well as discussing the various kinds of certification that may be listed at the bottom of a site’s homepage.
While this article won’t guarantee success at the poker or roulette table, it will make you more knowledgeable about which licenses and certificates are the most prestigious. Armed with this information, you should be able to select an online casino that strives to put the needs of the customer first.
Most Trusted Operators
BONUS 200%up to $5,000Play Now
- Most Legit Online Casino
- Fast Credit Card & Bitcoin Deposits
- Up to $5,000 Welcome Bonus
- Real Money Casino Games
BONUS 400%up to $8000Play Now
- Download, Instant, & Mobile Legit Casino
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard, Amex, & Bitcoin
- Up to $8,000 in Welcome Bonuses
- Top RealTime Gaming Casino Games
BONUS 500%up to $5000Play Now
- Reputable Online Casino
- Deposit Using Visa, MasterCard, or Bitcoin
- Get $5,000 Welcome Bonus & $10 Free Chip
- Dozens of Online Casino Games
BONUS 200%up to $7777Play Now
- Trusted Online Casino
- Accepts Credit Cards, eWallets, & Bitcoin
- $1,000 Casino Games Bonus
- Amazing VIP Rewards Club
Why Certification Is Needed
The world of online gambling is always changing, and new Internet casinos are prone to appear without warning. Anyone with the necessary technical knowledge can put up a gaming site, and not all of these individuals are operating with the purest of intentions.
By obtaining certification from various entities, a site is telling potential players that it has chosen to be reviewed and held accountable for their actions. This assures a gamer that their payouts should arrive in a timely manner and all casino software operates fairly.
Of course, some crooked casinos have been known to put up false certificates, so it’s always a good idea to double-check your information. A number of casino watchdog sites exist, and their entire purpose revolves around outing unfair gaming practices and exposing crooker operators.
Types of Certificates for Online Casinos
There are three major ways for an Internet gaming establishment to demonstrate some form of certification. These include:
- 1. Jurisdictional Licenses – Even crooked casinos are usually licensed in one of several gaming jurisdictions around the globe. Some of these regions require strict guidelines to be followed, while others are happy to receive an annual payment and look the other way. The quality of the various jurisdictions is discussed in greater detail later in this article.
- 2. Security Companies – These regulatory bodies check gaming sites for criminal activities and make sure players are protected from any other sort of illegal operations.
- 3. Software Testing Companies – These independent organizations make sure that the casino software is operating fairly and the random number generator is truly random. If glitches or weaknesses are found during an evaluation, the casino then has the opportunity to correct any problems.
Major Gambling Jurisdictions
The following are the primary gambling jurisdictions that give out licenses to online casinos. In order to maintain their license, the casino operators must adhere to standards set forth by the jurisdiction’s governing boy. These are listed in order of best to worst.
- United Kingdom – The UK Gambling Commission assumed its duties in 2007, and they are responsible for regulating land-based and remote gambling based on the territory of Great Britain.
- Isle of Man – The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Committee was founded in 1962 and later became one of the first jurisdictions to offer licenses to online gaming companies.
- Alderney – In 2000, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission was established to ensure the fairness of all online gambling operations based on the island.
- Kahnawake – Regulates online casinos, poker rooms, and sportsbook sites located within the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake. The initial application fee costs $25,000.
- Curacao – Gaming licenses began being issued regularly from this island in 2002.
- Cyprus – Licenses have been granted for over a decade, but their governing body has frequently been criticized for a lack of oversight.
- Gibraltar – Numerous testing and auditing requirements must be met before a license is granted, but this hasn’t stopped the GRA from drawing criticism for its lax regulatory methods.
- Malta – The Lotteries and Gaming Authority exists to prevent money laundering, keep games fair, and protect minors. According to feedback, they’ve only been partially successful.
- Costa Rica – Over 200 online gambling companies are located in Costa Rica, and they are allowed to operate however they want as long as they refuse to offer their services to local residents. The end result is that a license from Costa Rica is easy to come by and not especially reliable.
Other Forms of Online Gambling Certification
In addition to the jurisdiction that licenses a casino, you should also search for one or more of these gambling certifications.
- eCOGRA – Established in the UK in 2003, this regulatory body tests and certifies online casinos in territories ranging from Kahnawake to the Isle of Man. Numerous certifications are available, including the Safe and Fair Seal, Certified Software Seal, and Affiliate Trust Seal. A list of licensed casinos is kept on their website, so you can always check if you suspect a site of displaying false credentials.
- GamCare – The presence of this logo on a casino shows that the staff has been adequately trained to recognize and deal with problem gambling.
- SSL Certificate – Allows secure sessions between web servers and browsers. Clients may apply for a range of certificates, and each comes with their own qualifications.
Most Trusted Online Casino Operators
Instead of naming individual sites as the most trusted online casino operators with legit certification, I’ve decided to list a few groups that manage multiple gaming destinations. Each of these casino groups has been recognized for achievements ranging from game selection to customer service, which means your session should be fun and problem-free.
- Club World Casinos – If you’re looking for casinos with exceptional customer service and overall operations that rank among the most respected in the industry, then you’ll want to try a few of the properties managed by this group. They were awarded “Best Casino Group” in 2009, and the following sites fall under their umbrella: Club World Casino, Lucky Red Casino, and Aladdin’s Gold Casino.
- 32Red Plc – These casino operators manage a number of properties, and each is dedicated to providing unparalleled support to their customers. They have all the certifications you would hope for from a top-end property, and they offer a wide range of games to suit anyone’s gambling needs. Their payouts are fast and reliable, and any customer concerns are handled in a prompt and courteous manner. In short, it’s hard to beat the casinos from 32Red Plc, which is why they were awarded “Best Casino Group” by Casinomeister in both 2010 and 2011. Their sites include the following: 32Red Casino, Dash Casino, Golden Lounge, and NedPlay Casino.
- Rank Interactive – The casinos operated by Rank feature a number of items that benefit the player. These include: weekend payouts, fast payouts, excellent customer service, no reverse time, and a wide selection of casino games and gaming providers (such as IGT, Playtech, and Cryptologic). They were voted “Best Casino Group” in 2012 by one of the most prominent watchdog sites in the industry, and their number of customer complaints is surprisingly low. Rank is also licensed in Alderney, a gaming jurisdiction known for its stringent requirements and oversight. Their casinos include Grosvenor Casino, Mecca Bingo, and Blue Square Casino.
Now that you have a better idea of the most trusted online casino operators with legit certification, it’s time to make a selection and start playing. Gamblers in the United States will have to work harder to find suitable gambling accommodations, but players in other parts of the world should be able to visit the sites listed above, sign up for free, and embark on a fun and potentially profitable adventure. Even if you decide to go a different direction, always make sure that your casino of choice is licensed in a reputable jurisdiction and contains the blessing of regulatory bodies such as eCOGRA.