Live Dealer Blackjack gives you an authentic casino experience when playing online. You can play with real dealers, sit at actual tables, and use genuine cards with live blackjack online.
Our team of writers has played through and reviewed the gambling sites below. We give you a look at the top casinos that offer you a fun and legit live dealer blackjack adventure.
Everything You Should Know About Live Dealer Blackjack
Our Top Live Dealer Blackjack Sites For Real Money
To get the best experience, you can play live blackjack online for real money at these legitimate casinos.
Deposit Options include:
- Amazing Live Dealer Blackjack Games
- 15 Blackjack Games To Play For Real Money
- Visa, Bitcoin And Mastercard Accepted
- Play Online On Mobile And Desktop
100% up to $5,000
1Las Atlantis Casino
Deposit Options include:
- Play Live Blackjack For Real Money Online
- Up To Eight Blackjack Games To Play
- Legit Casino For US Players
- Hundreds Of Games To Play On Mobile And Desktop
280% up to $14,000
Deposit Options include:
- Have Fun With Live Dealer Blackjack Games
- Whopping 24 Blackjack Games To Play
- Legit And Reputable Online Casino Since 1994
- Accepts Visa And Bitcoin; And Other Cryptocurrencies
150% up to $3,500
Deposit Options include:
- Most Reputable Online Casino
- Up to $1,000 Welcome Bonus
- Visa, MasterCard, & More Deposit Methods
- Offers Live Casino Games
100% up to $250100% up to €250100% up to £250
Best Live Blackjack Online USA Casinos
We have reviewed and listed out the best live blackjack USA casinos for your convenience! These sites offer you a great gambling experience, where you can have fun and win real money at the same time.
Here are our top three live dealer blackjack sites that have a legit reputation, great game selection, and high player payouts.
Wild Casino is Our Top-Choice for US Live Dealer Blackjack
Wild Casino has two live casinos to choose from. Each of them offers a wide variety of live dealer blackjack game variations, betting limits, and tables.
Live casino Black has a great selection of live blackjack games including regular blackjack, Blackjack VIP, European Blackjack, and Blackjack Latin. Their table limits range from $10 up to $10,000!
Live casino Red offers fewer blackjack variants but has a high number of tables with their signature games Blackjack HD and Early Payout Blackjack. Some tables come with a low limit of $5 per hand — one of the lowest blackjack betting limits we have found online.
Las Atlantis Casino Offers Quality Live Blackjack Games
Las Atlantis Casino offers two types of live dealer blackjack games: Blackjack HD and Early Payout Blackjack. Each game offers decent betting limits ranging from $10 up to $2,500.
You can find 5-8 different tables and dealers, so there is a lot to choose from. Even if you can’t find an open seat, you still have the option to play with Bet Behind.
The live casino at Las Atlantis uses Visionary iGaming software – a popular and reputable company. They are a perfect first-choice for USA players.
BetUS is a Great Overall USA Live Blackjack Site
BetUS is another site that offers a complete online live blackjack experience for US players.
Like other sites, BetUS uses Visionary iGaming as their main live dealer casino provider.
They offer plenty of real dealer blackjack tables with limits ranging from $10 up to $2,500. You can find and play regular Blackjack and Early Payout Blackjack.
Blackjack Games You Can Play At Live Dealer Casinos
Due to the need for real dealers and tables, there are fewer live blackjack game variants.
Live blackjack sites make up for the low quantity available by offering high-quality games and a better player experience.
Here are the most common live blackjack games you can play online:
Early Payout Blackjack
This game allows an unlimited number of players to place bets on any of the three hands/seats that are available.
Players that bet on any hand will take a community vote on what to do.
If no decision is met, the dealer will make the decision based on what the optimal strategy dictates.
TIP: While this game offers fast gameplay and lower betting limits of $5, it offers less control over your own hand and the payout odds are not as good. It is a great game to start with, but for long-term gameplay and profits, we recommend the regular version.
Live Blackjack HD
This is the standard version of live online blackjack and is the most popular game.
Its gameplay and rules are the closest to a land-based casino experience you can get.
We highly recommend playing this game over others, as it is a great fit for beginners and experts.
Live Blackjack VIP
As the name suggests, this is a regular version of blackjack with much higher betting limits – with minimum bets starting at $50 or $100.
This is great for VIP and high roller players who are looking for open tables.
Live European Blackjack
The main variation in this game is that the dealer does not take a second card until after the end of the round and all players have passed.
This game has slightly worse odds than regular blackjack, so we recommend you stay away from this version.
How Live Dealer Online Blackjack Works
When playing online, live dealer blackjack works in an extremely similar way to land-based casinos. After logging in to your account, you head over to the live casino and pick the table you want to play based on: blackjack variant, betting limits, and open seats.
Real Dealer Blackjack Table & Gameplay
The live casino software is quite straightforward, giving you all of the blackjack player options right at your fingertips. You can easily find an open seat — if there are none, you can choose to wait for one and/or place a few Bet Behind bets.
The live online blackjack software gives you the following options:
- Game Settings – pick the settings that suit you like Video Quality and Sounds.
- Rules – you can see the Bet Limits and Game Rules; check these out the first time you play.
- Camera – turn the live cam on or off, a great choice if your internet connection is unstable.
- Bet Amount – pick the casino chip value you want to use as you place your bets.
- Betting Options – each player has the chance to place a regular bet, but also are offered all of the different side bets and Bet Behind.
- Player Game Options – get the buttons to Hit, Stand, Double, or Split.
- Chat – you can chat with the seated players, as well as anyone not seated.
- Dealer Tips – players are given the option to give the dealer a tip, a good choice if you like the dealer and got a great hand!
Game Rules And Payouts
- Number of Decks: 6
- Dealer Hits on Soft 17: Yes
- Blackjack Payout: 3:2
- Insurance Payout: 2:1
- Split Cards: Once
- Double After Split: Yes
- Split Aces: Receive one card
- Side Bets: Rummy & Pairs
- Rummy Payout: 9:1
- Pairs Bet Payout: 11:1
- Bet Behind: Yes
Time Run Out? Live Blackjack Will Make The Best Play For You
So, what happens if time runs out before you make a decision? There are two possible options that depend on the live blackjack software being used:
- The live software picks the best play based on basic blackjack strategy. Depending on the cards you have and the dealer is showing, the software will make the optimal choice based on the strategy guidelines — even if it’s not something you would have done. Like hitting on a 16 when the dealer is showing a 7.
- The real dealer makes the choice for you. If the live blackjack software does not have this option, then the dealer will make the decision for you. Most of the time they will follow basic strategy, but they may make different decisions depending on the situation.
If you do not want others making decisions for you, be sure to pay attention as there is a time limit.
Watch Live Dealer Blackjack Being Played In Real-Time
Take a look as our editor in chief Nate Wilson takes you through Wild Casino and their live dealer blackjack tables. He shows us the different features and plays a few hands, as well as gives you some great tips to consider when you play yourself!
Steps To Playing Live Dealer Blackjack Online
Our simple steps on how to play live dealer blackjack will help you get started in less than 5 minutes.
Sign In & Make A Real Money Deposit
Register your account at your preferred live blackjack casino or sign in to your existing one. Live dealer blackjack is real money play only, as it does not have a practice or free-play mode. This means you need to make a deposit before playing.
Pick Your Blackjack Game
Head over to the live casino section, sites make it easy to find. Once there, you can take a look at the different blackjack games they offer. Look over the games, the betting limits, and which tables have open seats.
Once you have spotted the game you want, simply click on the betting limits you prefer.
Table Tip: Before Placing Your Bets
Take an open seat to reserve your spot at the table, but do not place a bet right away. I recommend taking a look at the decisions the other players make for one or two rounds. This will let you see if they are making smart plays. Most of the time players are doing the right things, but if not, I would switch tables. There is nothing worse than losing by other players’ poor decisions.
Place Your Bets & Analyze Cards
Before the round starts, place your bet based on the table limits; there may also be side bets available.Side Bets Tip: I recommend you don’t place any side bets unless you are playing with the casino money.
Once the round starts, each player will get two cards face-up, and the dealer will get one card face-up, and the other face-down. Feel free to look at the basic blackjack strategy card to see what the best play is when you compare your hand to the dealer’s card.
Decide On A Player Option
After you have decided on the best course of action based on the cards on the table, you can decide what to do:
- Stand – do not take any cards and stay with the value you have.
- Hit – take an extra card. This option can be repeated multiple times until you stand or get to 21.
- Double – you make an additional wager equal to your initial bet and will receive ONE extra card that will end your turn.
- Split – if you have two cards of the same value you can split them into two hands. You will need to place another bet and will have two hands to play on instead of one. Check the table rules to see what actions can be taken on split hands.
- Surrender – you can quit playing before the round ends with this option. Players will lose HALF of their bet, cutting their losses early. Depending on the type of live dealer blackjack you are playing, this can be a good or bad option to use.
Dealer Hand Is Played & Winner Is Decided
After all players have finished making their decisions, the dealer is the last one to play their hand. The face-down card is shown and depending on the hand value, the dealer may take extra cards or stand.
- If the blackjack dealer has a lower value hand or busts, then the players win.
- If the dealer has a higher value hand, then the players lose.
- If the dealer has the same hand value as the players, there is a tie and the hands PUSH — meaning players get their original bet back.
Extra: Dealer Hand Decisions
Depending on the blackjack table rules, these are some of the decisions a dealer can make:
- Hit on Soft 17 – the dealer will hit on any hand value of 16 or lower, as well as on hands with a 6 and an Ace (a soft 17).
- Stay on Soft 17 – the dealer will only hit on a hand value of 16 or lower and will stand on any hand value of 17 or above.
The house edge of the game will be vastly different depending on this dealer rule.
|Betting Limits: $5 – $10,000||Start Playing!|
What Makes Playing Live Blackjack Online Worth It?
You may be wondering, why should you play live dealer blackjack? In my experience, there are a few reasons that make this casino game extremely entertaining.
These same reasons may help you see why so many people like playing online live blackjack:
Interactive & Immersive Gameplay
Getting an authentic casino experience is what a lot of people look for when playing online. Live dealer blackjack gives players this as-close-to-real gambling experience as possible.
Real tables, real dealers, and real cards that are shuffled and dealt. This all adds to the immersive gameplay that you get.
Real Dealers Are Great Fun
Having a real dealer to interact with is an added bonus. This was one of the reasons that made playing blackjack in Vegas a lot of fun.
The dealers will talk and joke around with you, and will often give advice on what to do — they are experts in basic strategy.
The Communication and the fun go both ways, as dealers also enjoy having interactions with players. You can imagine how boring it can be to deal cards at a quiet table.
Better Odds Than Online Blackjack
Live dealer blackjack uses a certain number of decks. The shoe is played through BEFORE it is shuffled. This means that the basic strategy is much more efficient. More hands played using optimal strategy, the better your chances are of winning.
When you play online blackjack games the software uses RNG technology. This means that after every round, they “shuffle” the cards. For example, if the game uses 6 decks of cards, it will always have 6 decks of cards it grabs its cards from — the software simply uses a random number generator to pick the next cards to be dealt.
A Few Drawbacks You Should Know About
There are a few drawbacks that live dealer blackjack comes with, but it is still a great game and offers players plenty of benefits.
No Control Over Gameplay Pace
In order to keep everything moving, each stage of the game comes with a timer. There is a time limit for:
- Placing your initial bet
- Deciding what player option to choose
Sometimes this time limit can hinder players that are not paying close attention.
Positive: this keeps players from delaying the game and lets you play at a decent pace.
Human & Machine Error Can Happen
Online blackjack is all run through software, whereas live dealer blackjack has a human element added to it. This means that there could be room for human error.
With the technology being used to track and scan the cards – the scanners and blackjack shoe can also malfunction. This rarely happens, but it is still a possibility.
Positive: live casinos understand these errors can happen, so they have contingency plans in place. When the mistake is on the casino’s end, they will cancel the round and return everyone’s bets — keeping things fair.
Playing Live Dealer Blackjack On Mobile
You can enjoy the same live dealer blackjack gameplay on your mobile device, so there is no need to stay at your computer. The graphics, streaming, and game features are just as good even though it comes on a smaller screen.
Using your smartphone is the top choice among players, but you can always enhance your mobile live blackjack experience by using a tablet. Give it a try the next time you want to play and are just lazing around the house or on the go.
|Betting Limits: $5 – $10,000||Start Playing!|
A Few Things To Consider Before Playing
Before you start live dealer blackjack gambling is important for you to know a few tips and insights that helped us when we first played.
Watch Your Money: Use Bankroll Management!
The most important thing a live dealer blackjack player has is their money. Using bankroll management is the perfect way to keep your money safe, lessen your losses, and improve your odds of profiting.
You can use our tips when it comes to managing your money:
- We recommend having at least $50 in your bankroll.
- Pick betting limits where the minimum bet is at least 2% – 10% of your total bankroll.
- Use only 2% – 10% of your total bankroll PER BET.
- Set a bet limit! Make sure you set the amount you are willing to lose without feeling guilty, as well as your win amount. This will be your “walk away” amount.
Using this strategy will give you a minimum of 10 bets. I believe this gives you enough time for basic strategy to start giving you wins.
Pick Player-Friendly Games & Rules
Even though there are fewer variants when playing live dealer blackjack, you need to pick the games that have favorable rules. Here are a few rules that can give you a favorable edge:
Dealer STANDS on 17
- This improves the house edge by .22% vs. if they hit on Soft 17.
Blackjack pays 3:2
- AVOID tables that offer a 6:5 payout.
The table uses 6 Decks
- AVOID tables with 8 decks.
These rules give you a better house edge and higher payouts for a Blackjack.
Personal Insight: I Sit Out For A Few Rounds With New Shoe
After cards have been shuffled and a new blackjack shoe is being dealt, I like to sit out for a few hands. With a brand new shoe, you are starting from scratch, as all cards are in play.
This tip is meant so you can gauge the cards being dealt and check out the game flow. You don’t have to sit out since you can still play with basic strategy at any point of the game. It is simply something I do.
Live Blackjack Online FAQ
Yes, live blackjack games are safe to play if you pick a reputable online casino. Check out our recommended casinos or carry out your in-depth research to find reliable online operators.
No, live blackjack at legit online casinos is not rigged. The trustworthy casinos we recommend have professional dealers running the games. All these casinos are licensed and regulated, so you can rest assured that the game will be fair.
If your hand is in play, your last bet will count. After that, your status will be set to “away,” and the casino won’t take any more bets.
The live dealer blackjack rules are the same as those at land-based casinos. However, live blackjack offers some benefits over the physical casino, such as a wider offering of blackjack game variations to play for real money.
You can’t play live blackjack for free. You can access live tables at some casinos for free if you have an account, but you won’t be able to sit down to play.
Not all real money casinos offer live blackjack games. Usually, bigger and highly trusted casino sites offer this live gaming experience. All of the US live blackjack sites we recommend come with this feature.
Live dealer blackjack can only be played with real money, as it does not offer a practice mode. To play, win, and earn a profit you will need to place bets using the money in your account.
Page updated by: Nate Wilson