Software developers are the driving force behind online casino games; some developers are seasoned pros, while others have only recently debuted in the billion-dollar industry.
The main differences between different developers are their industry reputation and, naturally, their product – the game.
You’ve probably come across a game that bears a striking similarity in aesthetics or gameplay and instinctively known that you’re playing a game from a specific developer.
Differentiating between developers is vital as their software varies in quality, fairness, gameplay, and stability – critical issues for gamblers looking for a fuss-free gaming experience.
Who Are The Best Casino Software Developers?
The best casino software developers understand what gamblers want, and that’s why they’ve created games that tick all of the boxes. You’ll find that there’s a simple recipe to success:
- The games should be tested for fairness and certified to be both fair and safe.
- Games should be visually appealing with faultless graphics and animations on desktop and mobile platforms.
RealTime Gaming (RTG)
RealTime Gaming is an innovative and popular developer that broke into the casino market as far back as 2006.
RTG develops proprietary games and features an extensive selection of games, including progressive slots and live dealer table games.
Top-Recommended RTG Casino: Las Atlantis
Visionary iGaming (ViG)
Visionary iGaming is one of the first pioneering developers to offer live dealer software and has enjoyed widespread fanfare since its inception in 2008.
According to ViG, they offer the most interactive and engaging Live Dealer experience available online.
Top-Recommended ViG Casino: Las Atlantis
Fresh Deck Studios
Fresh Deck Studios offers live dealer casino games, with Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker, and Roulette.
The studio features support for several languages and has already made an impact in the industry.
Top-Recommended Fresh Deck Casino: BetOnline
Why Is It Important To Know The Game Provider To Play Online Safely?
Knowledge is power, and nowhere is this more apparent than when you need to pick a game that you’ll play for real money.
Top legitimate online casinos want their players to enjoy their gaming; that’s why reputable developers work so hard to deliver a high-quality product.
They focus on safety through fairness and encrypted gameplay, memorable themes and graphics, and naturally having a large game selection.
Which Is the Safest Online Gambling Software?
When picking a top casino software developer, be sure to consider our recommendations.
The following software developers impressed us with their large variety of games, their popularity, longevity, and their impeccable reputation:
Are Online Casinos That Use Proprietary Software Safe?
The short answer is yes. Proprietary software is simply a gaming platform developed by a third party or an online casino for its exclusive use.
Proprietary software and its games ensure that a casino offers a unique entertainment offering not found anywhere else.
Popular Online Casino Software Vs. Proprietary Software
Naturally, proprietary software and popular casino software have some benefits and drawbacks.
Popular casino software pros and cons directly contrast those of proprietary software. So, it’s ultimately up to the players to decide what works for them.
Popular Casino Software
- Game Accessibility: Players can play their favorite games at different casinos.
- Wide Game Offering: Software providers are continually developing newer and better games.
- Specialized Support: Popular casino developers will have solid knowledge and experience on the games they provide.
- Opportunity To Leverage Casino Bonuses: When your selected games are offered at several casinos, you have the chance to use several welcome bonuses to play your favorite games and make the most of your bankroll.
- Robust Regulatory Framework: Legitimate software developers will be up to date on the latest regulations and licensing work.
Proprietary Casino Software
- Exclusivity: Players will come across games they can’t find anywhere else.
- Games: Independent games are customized and offer a fresh perspective.
- Direct Support: Players don’t have to wait for third-party providers in case of problems.
- Special Bonuses: Casinos with proprietary software have autonomy and can offer any bonuses they like.
- Fewer Choices: Casinos with this software usually have less game variety as games are expensive to produce.
- Security And Fairness: Be on the lookout for fairness certificates and proper licensing information.
Types Of Online Casino Games Software?
You’ll find three types of software; instant, downloadable and mobile. Each type of software delivers exceptional functionality; it’s only the format that’s different.
- Instant: This format allows players to access games using a web browser. Some casinos opt to limit the games available in the instant version.
- Download: The name says it all. You’ll need to download the platform, which then operates like a computer program on your desktop.
- Mobile: If gaming on the go is your preference, there’s a perfect solution in the mobile version of the software. Some casinos offer an app, while others make their site accessible via a mobile web browser.
Does Online Casino Software Have Any Impact On Payout Times?
Payout times are not dependant on the software a casino uses. Instead, it relies entirely on the banking method you pick when requesting your payout.
Does The Type Of Casino Game Software Impact Whether You Can Play Their Games?
The casino game software has no impact on whether you can play the games. It actually relies on the casino site licensing and the platform it uses.
Most real money online casinos have several versions of their software so that every player can access their games. You’ll find software compatible with iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows.