Joker Poker, also known as Joker Wild, is a form of video poker commonly offered by online casinos.
All video poker games are “Jacks or Better” variations, and this particular game includes a wild card or Joker. Therefore, instead of the standard 52-card deck, the game is played with 53 cards.
Joker Poker online is a fast-paced game that is a bunch of fun as you can go through your hands exceptionally quickly, and you can earn lots of real money doing so!
Best Joker Poker Casinos
If you’re wondering what casinos you should play Joker Poker online, we’ve got you covered. Take a look at the table below for our recommendations.
100% up to $200100% up to €140100% up to £100
- Legit Online Casino
- $200 Casino Welcome Bonus
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard, eWallets, & More
- Dozens of Casino Games to Pick From
- International Casino
- Large Game Selection
- Hundreds of Online Slots
How To Play Joker Poker Online And Bet Real Money
For absolute beginners, starting to play Joker Poker (or Joker Wild) may be a little difficult to get into, but with these steps, you’ll more feel comfortable playing, and you could be a master in no time.
- Deposit real money at the casino of your choice.
- Select the game from the video poker section.
- Set how many coins you want to wager and how many hands you want to play at a time.
- Discard cards from your hand based on the ideal strategy (see “Best Joker Poker Strategy” section below).
- Once you’ve selected which cards you want to discard, you can press “Draw” to receive your new ones, and thus your final hand is locked in. If you don’t have anything to discard, you can press “Hold.”
- Collect your winnings and repeat!
Joker Poker Rules VS Other Video Poker Games
Most video poker game variants have the same rules for the most part, with a few tweaks here and there.
The Joker Poker game is a variant with a bit more radical change, so the rules are different here. And the main difference relies on the joker card.
The Joker acts as a “wild,” meaning it can replace all cards. If you have a 5-card hand of King, King, 10, A, Joker, then instead of having a pair of Kings, you’d have three of a kind.
Best Joker Poker Strategy
There are two avenues for an optimal Joker Poker strategy: when you’re dealt a joker and when you’re not.
That singular card can change a lot regarding the perfect way to play, so it’s essential to understand what to do in certain situations.
When dealt a joker:
- Discard one card if they aren’t part of these hands: four cards to a flush, four cards to a straight flush, four cards to a straight, four of a kind, four cards to a royal flush.
- Discard two cards that are not part of these hands: straight flush or three of a kind.
- For all other hands, keep the Joker and discard the rest.
When not dealt a joker:
- Discard the other two cards if you have: three cards to a straight, flush, straight flush, or royal flush.
- Discard one card if you have: four cards to a straight, flush, straight flush, or royal flush.
- Discard two cards if you have three of a kind.
- Discard one card if you have four of a kind.
- Discard one card if you have the chance for a full house.
- Discard three cards if you have: two cards to a royal flush or a pair.
- Discard all if not mentioned above.
Tips To Win Joker Poker
- Wagering amounts: Statistically, it’s better to play a higher volume of games at lower stakes than to wager big on a few. If you play more games, you’ll have a much higher chance of earning a profit, as the RTP of video poker is around 99.50%+.
- Maximize hands: If given the option, play as many hands as you can per wager. Doing so will increase how much you’re wagering each hand, but you have a much higher chance of increasing your profit if you do this.
- Payout table: have the Joker Poker payout table handy, so you can refer to it as you wish.
- Basic Strategy: Remember the basic Joker Poker strategy to follow when you get a Joker and when you don’t.
Sign Up And Start Playing Joker Poker At Wild Casino
Joker Poker Payout And Winning Odds
There are different versions of Joker Poker online, depending on what payout table the casino provides. The most popular versions are:
|Pay Tables||Payout Percentage / RTP%|
|18 Joker Poker||98.94%|
|Low Pay #1||98.59%|
|Low Pay #2||98.44%|
|Low Pay #3||98.41%|
|Low Pay #4||98.09%|
Ideally, you would want to play Joker Poker on the Full Pay version, but it is quite rare as the edge is given to the player rather than the house.
The most common version of Joker Poker online is the 18 paytable, which cuts the four-of-a-kind payout from x20 to x18.
18 Joker Poker Paytable
|Natural Royal Flush||800|
|Five of a Kind||200|
|Wild Royal Flush||100|
|Four of a Kind||18|
|Three of a Kind||2|
|Pair (Kings or Better)||1|
This Joker Poker paytable is calculated assuming you bet five coins per hand. If you bet another amount of coins per hand, your pay percentage will vary.
Start Playing And Win Real Money!
Playing Joker Poker online with real money is a thrill as each decision you make can drastically impact the outcome of your ultimate hand.
When gambling with real money, it’s crucial that you play at a fully regulated and legit website. All our Joker Poker casino recommendations are completely safe for all gamblers looking to start playing this game.