Some online casinos can be scams where they take advantage of unsuspecting players. While other casino sites offer a safe and fun experience — making them legitimate options for you to enjoy.
And you may be wondering, how can I know if an online casino can be trusted? This is why our team of casino experts at LegitimateCasino is here.
We do all the hard work and find the best, most reliable online casinos for you! Let us share our insights with you so you’re able to identify secure and legit casinos while avoiding scam sites.
#1 – Are The Casino Banking Options Secure?
Online casinos that offer a safe gaming environment will offer you secure banking options. As you will be making real money deposits and withdrawals, you can check to see what options they accept and how safe they are to use.
Try to look for popular or commonly-used casino payment methods that offer you higher security, not only from the casino end, but on your end as well. Some of these options can include:
- Debit and Credit Cards
- Gift and Prepaid Cards
- Bank Wires and Transfers
- Checks and eChecks
The most important thing is to ensure that the transactions are secure, with strong encryption, and that they support trusted brands and institutions. If the casino you are looking to join offers these secure banking options, you are off to a good start!
#2 – How Good Is The Website Security?
Seeing as how you will be inputting your personal information, the expectation is that it is kept secure and private. There are a few ways to verify that the casino website is taking the necessary precautions to keeping your information safe. A few elements to look at:
- Using a secure URL (HTTPS) – From the URL you can already tell whether or not the website is taking its security seriously. If you see that the casino site uses HTTPS, it means that it is protecting the integrity and confidentiality of data between you and the site.
- On-site security (SSL) – What is SSL? It is on-site encryption software that protects the website and any information it contains from outside harm. Checking to see if the online casino you plan on playing at has SSL encryption is a great way to ensure your information is stored safely.
If the casino site uses both of those protocols, it is a good bet that your information will remain secure and private.
#3 – Do They Have A Player Authentication Process?
When you sign up for a casino account, you will give them your personal information like Name and Address. However, in order to make deposits and withdrawals, you will also type in any banking information necessary, whether that is credit card information or crypto details.
In order to make sure that you are who you say you are and not a case of identity theft, the best casinos will always have a Player Authentication process in place. The most common requests for proof are:
By authenticating yourself, the casino makes sure that they are paying out to the right person and keeping your money transactions secure.
#4 – Is The Casino Licensed And Regulated?
A legitimate online casino can’t just exist on its own. It needs to be regulated and licensed by a gambling authority, and if it’s not, RUN! Look for the terms and conditions or about us sections on the website for these details. Many major gambling jurisdictions give out licenses to trusted online casinos.
The top licensing agencies include the UK, Cyprus, Malta, Gibraltar, Curacao, Panama, and Costa Rica gaming commissions. These are here to ensure fairness, regulate gambling operations, and work on testing and auditing sites when it’s needed.
#5 – How Are The Player Reviews?
Just like any online business, you will find customer reviews. It is important to look through and see what other players are saying about the casino you are interested in playing at. Our writers are casino players and we play at the casino sites we review, giving you some insight from our point of view. However, it is always a good idea to check more than one source.
It is important to look at the reviews with caution, as there may be extreme’s that are not a true representation of the casino:
- Completely Negative Reviews – People that have a negative experience are more likely to leave a review than people that have a positive experience. If all you see are negative reviews, this could be a red flag that the casino is a scam or that you are only getting half of the story. The important thing is how the casino responds and deals with negative reviews – that is a good indication of how they will treat you as a player.
- Completely Positive Reviews – We all know that there is never a business that is perfect. So, if you only see 5 Star reviews and that a casino has no problems, that is very suspicious. Dig deeper and check out the website for the other factors we mentioned to see if it really will give you such an outstanding experience.
Analyze what areas the casino customer service can solve and what factors will turn you away for good.
Legitimate Casino Websites You Can Play At
Quick Recap Of How To Identify A Scam Casino Site
A Few More Factors To Help You Choose A Legit Site
There are other factors that could influence how safe and legit a casino is, including:
- Casino Game Software Developers – The companies that create the games that the online casinos use can be a good indication of reputation. A lot of the best sites will use software from top developers that have a solid reputation and are well-known in the industry.
- Website Friendliness – There is nothing worse than trying to figure out how to navigate and find something on a website. Casino websites should offer you an easy way to find what you are looking for.